Welcome to www.VivForbes.info
Video: A 2011 speech by Viv Forbes on his free-market advocacy.
Poetry: Featured in vol. 1, no. 2, of Capitalism.HK.
(a.) Viv Forbes biographical info and comments on strategy (3 items)
(b.) Workers Party, 1975 (only 1 item so far)
(c.) Progress Party, 1979-82 (9 items so far)
(d.) Tax Payers United, 1984-86 (8 items)
(e.) Foundation for Economic Education (Qld), Common Sense, Business Queensland, 1990-91 (14 items)
(f.) Common Sense, Business Queensland, 1994-97 (10 items)
(g.) The Carbon Sense Coalition, 2007-ongoing (29 items)
(h.) Others (13 items)
- Viv Forbes Wins 1986 Adam Smith Award
- “The Libertarian Movement in Australia,” a five minute address by Viv Forbes to a special meeting of the Mont Pelerin Society in Hong Kong, September 1978.
- His listing in the 1976 Who’s Who in the Workers Party reads:
37 yrs. A business analyst and geologist with Mt. Isa Mines, Viv Forbes got the Party going in Queensland. He is a quiet, retiring man, devoid of ego problems, who has quietly devoted large amounts of time, energy and his own money to the Queensland branch of the W.P. His official position is that of provisional Secretary of the Party in Qld. He is a libertarian.
- “Political branch formed,” The Courier-Mail, February 26, 1975, p. 25. On the Brisbane branch of the Workers Party. Viv Forbes’ free-market advocacy debut?
- “HEALING THYSELF,” The Australian, January 11, 1979, p. 6, as a letter to the editor.
- “Mine control,” The Australian, May 4, 1979, p. 8, as a letter to the editor. This and the following three items are compiled here.
- “Growing big — a public service?,” The Weekend Australian, June 2-3, 1979, p. 12, as a letter to the editor.
- “Political gifts,” The Australian, August 27, 1979, p. 8, as a letter to the editor.
- “Better idea,” The Australian, November 21, 1979, p. 8, as a letter to the editor.
- “Election ‘illusion’,” The Canberra Times, April 21, 1980. p. 9.
- “The mouse will roar,” The Australian, September 3, 1980, p. 6, as a letter to the editor.
- “Poll speech sets record,” The Courier-Mail, October 7, 1980, p. 3.
- “Save the taxpayers,” The Sydney Morning Herald, June 6, 1982, p. 25, “News Digest” section.
- “United against taxes,” The Courier-Mail, June 8, 1984, p. 13.
- “Call for Govt administrator,” The Courier-Mail, August 6, 1984, p. 8.
- “Let’s sell,” The Australian, January 23, 1985, p. 8, as a letter to the editor.
- 1985 news item on Tax Payers United, Centre 2000 and the Australian Adam Smith Club — Alan Tate, “Conservatives grab tax issue and run,” The Sydney Morning Herald, July 2, 1985, p. 7.
- “Beware the monster in the attic,” The Australian, October 17, 1985, p. 10, as a letter to the editor.
- Our homeless regulation refugees — “Government committee a sick joke,” The Australian Financial Review, January 3, 1986, p. 9, as a letter to the editor. A similar version appeared as “The sick joke of the year,” The Weekend Australian, February 15-16, 1986, p. 14, as a letter to the editor.
- What we have is not a drug problem but a drug law problem — “Trapped in the dole queues,” The Weekend Australian, April 19-20, 1986, p. 16, as a letter to the editor.
- “Caught in a welfare whirlpool,” The Australian, July 11, 1986, p. 12, as a letter to the editor.
- Stuck on Red
- Property & Prosperity
- Crown Monopolies
- The Right to Discriminate
- No End to Fuelish Policies? — Correct.
- Free Water Costs Too Dam Much
- The Road to Homelessness
- The New Federalism
- Planning & Prosperity
- Creating Unemployment
- Magnifying National Disasters
- Please Don’t Feed the Animals
- The Pyramid Builders
- The Contract Society
- The Middle of the Road
- Time to Butcher “Aussie Beef”
- The Anti-Industry
- Buy Birdsville Made?
- The Tax Collection Industry
- Mining in Queensland, Past, Present and Future
- Touring Bureaucrats
- A Model Ministry
- Growth Mythology
- The Milk of the Welfare Teat is Watered Down
(g.) The Carbon Sense Coalition, 2007-ongoing
The Carbon Sense Coalition website is www.carbon-sense.com.
- Put Windmills in National Parks
- Why Wind Won’t Work
- A Profusion of “Prices”
- The Carbon Pollution Lie
- Closing Down Australia
- Carbon Tax Bribery
- Carbon Tax Job Losses
- What Next, A Tax on Water?
- Carbon Health Warnings Coming Soon
- Propaganda Puts Paid to Proof
- “Crops for Cars” as Bad as Everlasting Drought
- The Emissions Trading Casino
- The Five Point Plan to kill the economy with High Cost Electricity
- Put a Sunset Clause in the Carbon Tax
- Carbon Tax Lies and Bribes
- “The Science is Settled” BUT Durban Climate Summit Not Cancelled
- Having the numbers is not the same as having the truth
- Global Warming Season
- The New Brisbane Line?
- Carbon Lies
- Solving Three Canberra Problems
- Vested Interests in the Climate Debate
- Carbon Tax Retrospective?
- Carbon Price Propaganda Taxes the Truth
- Don’t Burn Food for Motor Spirit – Feed People not Cars
- Two Big Climate Taxes
- Greens Rediscover Hydrogen Car
- Hobbling the Competition
- Sunset for Solar Subsidies
- Lang Hancock’s Five Point Plan to Cripple Australia
- We Mine to Live
- The Economics of Flood Risk
- R.I.P. Ron Kitching – pioneer, explorer, author, family man, entrepreneur, scholar
- Atlas of Australia
- Safety Mania, 6/4/1992
- Shutting Out The Sun, 16/8/1992
- Coal – Sinking in the Swamps, 20/9/1997
- Cubic Currency Coming, 13/9/1998
- “Dear Government”, September 1998
- “Our slip-shod laws to blame,” The Australian, January 26, 1987, p. 8, as a letter to the editor.
- “Deek factor,” The Weekend Australian, October 29-30, 1988, p. 22, as a letter to the editor.
- Smoking, Health and Freedom, 11/1991