Hong Kong’s Lion Rock Institute has just published a new international magazine that is so radical that even The Lion Rock Institute itself, one of the most radical free-market advocacy institutions in the world, says that the views expressed in the magazine do not necessarily reflect their own. But, wow, they have done a great job putting it together.
It is called Capitalism.HK, which is both the name of the print journal and the domain name of its website, where you can explore the content for free(!) before subscribing to the print edition for only AUS$60 a year.
The opening editorial justifies the title and the magazine:
Capitalism.HK will defend Hong Kong, the capital of capitalism, against the “peer” pressure of the less free Western world, which immature Hong Kong politicians are already succumbing to; and then bite back and pressure big-government Western countries, like the United States and Australia, into following Hong Kong’s success.
Published in Hong Kong, Capitalism.HK has international columnists and readership, same as The Economist and Time Magazine, but without their political populism and dumbed down economics.
We aim to be the Hong Kong of magazines. A haven where we are safe from the jillions of jingoistic journalists who see democracy as the solution to all problems; whereas we see it as the philosophy of the pack hunt, the lynch mob and the gang rape.
The subtitle of Capitalism.HK is: “The wise person’s Time Magazine; the literate person’s Economist”. Note how beautifully politically correct the term “person” is, when historically the idiom has always been “the wise man’s …” It is a pity that women are increasingly reading those publications, especially certain feminists. So I didn’t want to offend them. Capitalism.HK is very politically correct.
As you can read all of the opening editorial and indeed the entire content online, I will not talk more about them here. Please visit Capitalism.HK, even just to see the front cover, which features a 1975 assemblage by the greatest living artist in the world, Lewis Morley, which has never been recorded or republished before. The front cover itself is a massive scoop! And that’s merely the front cover’s background image. The front cover also features the scandalous centrefold for this issue and a story on “How Ron Paul Will Become President” by Murray Rothbard, which was not even considered sensational enough to be the cover story! What is the cover story? Find out for yourself.
This is the magazine that invading armies will burn without even a stage-managed apology. This is the magazine, the flyer, that freedom-fighters will be dropping from helicopters to win the hearts and minds of those living under such tyrants as Obama, Cameron, Gillard, etc. This is the magazine that makes WikiLeaks look like cowards with no interest in striking at the root of human rights abuses. This is the magazine that will finally justify the increase in literacy rates over the past 100 years.
Please subscribe, give gift-subscriptions to your friends, families and enemies, and get your local and university libraries to subscribe. It is the first edition, making it a special collector’s edition; it is an investment, not a consumer good; an artwork, not a throwaway. It is something a big government man like Ronald Reagan would feel too ashamed to read.
We are currently in negotiations with distributors to make it available in Australian newsagents, but we are having some difficulties because they say they don’t sell investments and artworks in such places. Anyway, in the meantime, shipping is free on AUS-NZ subscriptions.
You will be relieved to know that money from AUS-NZ subscriptions goes to me, not to evil foreign capitalists.
Thanks for your support. Feel free to ask any questions, or write any critical letters-to-the-editor for inclusion in the second issue.
- Why Sports Fans Should Be Libertarians
- Ron Manners’ Heroic Misadventures
- Government Schools Teach Fascism Perfectly
- Deport Government to Solve Immigration Problem
- The Drugs Problem Problem
- Self-Defeating Campaigning
- Gittinomics: Economics for Gits
- Exclusive Ross Gittins Interview on The Happy Economist
- Population Puzzle Solved
- An Open Letter to the CIS
- Principled Foreign Policy Options: Reinvade or Shut Up and Get Out
- WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Political Corruption Exposed!
- Feedback please: Is this worth doing?
- CIS and IPA Defend State Schooling
- A Thorough Review Without Spoilers of Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
- Dead Reckoning and Government: A Proposal for Electoral Reform
- Quadrant Defends State Schooling
- The MPS 2010 Consensus
- Slogans for Property Rights Funeral
- Government is Impossible: Introduction
- Government is Criminal: Part 1
- Exclusive John Howard Interview on Lazarus Rising
- Response to Senator Cory Bernardi and the IPA
- Earn $$$$$ by Justifying Government Against Anarchocapitalism: Survey
- Statism is Secrecy: WikiLeaks vs Economics.org.au
- One question the Labor Party, the Liberal Party, the Greens, the CIS, the IPA, Ross Gittins, Ross Garnaut, Ken Henry, Gerard Henderson, John Quiggin, Clive Hamilton, Tim Flannery, Catallaxy Files, Club Troppo, Larvatus Prodeo, Phillip Adams, Robert Manne, Michael Stutchbury, Miranda Devine, Andrew Bolt and Dick Smith are scared to answer
- Libertarian Philanthropists Should Exploit Tax Evasion Convictions
- Ronald Kitching Obituary
- The Minarchist Case for Anarchism
- Libertarianism in a 300-word rant
- Economics.org.au in the news again
- Libertarianism In An Executive Summary
- The Banking Bubble Blow-by-Blow
- WARNING: Libertarianism Is NOT ...
- Would Anything Possibly Convince You that You Are Living Under a Protection Racket?
- An Open Letter to Dick Smith
- Economics.org.au at 42
- "My boyfriend calls himself a Marxist and votes Labor, what should I do?"
- "He says if I leave him due to politics, I should leave the country too."
- No Booboisie at Gülçin’s Galt’s Gulch
- "Hey, Mr Anarchocapitalist, show me a society without government"
- The Three Epoch-Making Events of the Modern Libertarian Movement
- Government is Criminal: Part 2 - Methodological Individualism
- Government is Criminal: Part 3 - Subjective Utility
- Government is Criminal: Part 4 - Praxeological Synonyms
- Government is in a State of Anarchy
- Limited Government is Absolute Government
- Why the 2012 double Nobel laureate is coming to Sydney
- Exclusive Oliver Marc Hartwich Interview on Hans-Hermann Hoppe
- A Critique of the Opening Two Sentences of the "About CIS" Page on The Centre for Independent Studies' Website, www.cis.org.au
- An invitation for ANDEV members to the Mises Seminar
- Sell the ABC to Rupert Murdoch: Lid Blown on ABC Funding Disgrace!
- www.inCISe.org.au, The Centre for Independent Studies new blog
- The Unconstitutionality of Government in Australia (demonstrated in under 300 words)
- The Best Libertarian Film Is ...
- Launch Southeast Asian Military Operations to Free Australian Drug Dealers and Consumers
- Workers Party Reunion Intro
- Hoppe's Inarticulate Australian Critics: The Hon Dr Peter Phelps, Dr Steven Kates and James Paterson
- Vice Magazine Westralian Secession Interview
- Sideshow to Dr Steven Kates' criticism of the Mises Seminar: Davidson vs Hoppe on Adam Smith
- The Best Australian Think Tank Is ...
- Announcing a new magazine to rival Time and The Economist
- The exciting new Australian Taxpayers' Alliance
- Neville Kennard Obituary
- Contrarian Conformism
- An invitation for Dick Smith, the IPA and other Walter Block fans to the 2nd Australian Mises Seminar
- Westralian mining legend Ron Manners of Mannkal belongs in The Property and Freedom Society
- What would Bert Kelly think of the Mises Seminar and Walter Block?
- Bad news about the Mises Seminar
- Gina Rinehart Fan Club gives big to Australian political education
- Sam Kennard wins North Sydney by-election by unanimous consent