by Viv Forbes, winner of the 1986 Australian Adam Smith Award for “outstanding services to the free society”
During WW2, defeatists were prepared to sacrifice all of Australia north of Brisbane to the advancing enemy.
Green extremists have established a New Brisbane Line whereby Northern Australia is abandoned to weeds, ferals, trees, kangaroos, government boffins and park rangers.
Every green policy seems designed to rid the north of all signs of human activity.
Bob Brown’s dream to close every coal mine, gas producer and carbon fuelled power station is well known — this should rid central Queensland of all those pesky little towns like Collinsville, Glenden, Blair Athol, Moranbah, Dysart, Saraji, Blackwater and Moura and kill that unhealthy coal boom in Alpha, Clermont, Emerald, Rolleston, Wandoan, Gladstone and Mackay.
Then the Kyoto scrub clearing bans, the carbon credit forests and the live export barriers will help clear the outback of any hardy graziers or foresters who remain.
Greens will then use ever expanding marine parks to sweep fishermen from the Coral Sea. And the bans on any coastal developments that fall within the fatuous Flannery forecasts of fast rising seas will help clear the Gold, Sunshine, Capricorn and Coral coasts of jobs and people.
The creeping paralysis of Wild Rivers disease should cure any aborigines of development dreams in the Never-Never land.
The final straw will be the carbon tax that will hasten the closure of metal refining and processing in Mount Isa, Townsville and Gladstone, cement manufacture in Gladstone and oil refining in Brisbane.
However, nature abhors a vacuum, so more energetic people will soon occupy and use this empty land and its idle resources.
The new colonists should erect a huge green statue to their benefactor, Bob Brown, with the citation in English, for old time’s sake.
- Lang Hancock's Five Point Plan to Cripple Australia
- Put Windmills in National Parks
- Magnifying National Disasters
- Please Don't Feed the Animals
- Buy Birdsville Made?
- The Economics of Flood Risk
- Touring Bureaucrats
- Our slip-shod laws to blame
- Why Wind Won't Work
- A Profusion of "Prices"
- R.I.P. Ron Kitching - pioneer, explorer, author, family man, entrepreneur, scholar
- The Carbon Pollution Lie
- Closing Down Australia
- The Anti-Industry
- The Pyramid Builders
- Carbon Tax Bribery
- Crown Monopolies
- Carbon Tax Job Losses
- What Next, a Tax on Water?
- Carbon Health Warnings Coming Soon
- Growth Mythology
- The Tax Collection Industry
- Propaganda Puts Paid to Proof
- The Milk of the Welfare Teat is Watered Down
- "Crops for Cars" as Bad as Everlasting Drought
- Poll speech sets record
- The Emissions Trading Casino
- The Contract Society
- A Model Ministry
- The Five Point Plan to kill the economy with High Cost Electricity
- Put a Sunset Clause in the Carbon Tax
- Stuck on Red
- Time to Butcher "Aussie Beef"
- Carbon Tax Lies and Bribes
- The Middle of the Road
- United against taxes
- Call for Govt administrator
- Property & Prosperity
- "The Science is Settled" BUT Durban Climate Summit Not Cancelled
- No End to Fuelish Policies?
- The Right to Discriminate
- Sell the CES
- Free Water Costs Too Dam Much
- Creating Unemployment
- Viv Forbes Wins 1986 Adam Smith Award
- 1985 news item on Tax Payers United, Centre 2000 and the Australian Adam Smith Club
- Having the numbers is not the same as having the truth
- Who's Who in the Workers Party
- David Russell Leads 1975 Workers Party Queensland Senate Team
- Caught in a welfare whirlpool
- Global Warming Season
- Mining in Queensland, Past, Present and Future
- WEATHER IS USUALLY UNUSUAL
- Political branch formed
- Ron Manners on the Workers Party
- Viv Forbes on Libertarian Strategy and the Constant Resources Myth
- The New Brisbane Line?
- Carbon Lies
- We Mine to Live
- Save the taxpayer
- Solving Three Canberra Problems
- Vested Interests in the Climate Debate
- Carbon Tax Retrospective?
- Carbon Price Propaganda Taxes the Truth
- Don't Burn Food for Motor Spirit - Feed People not Cars
- Two Big Climate Taxes
- Greens Rediscover Hydrogen Car
- Atlas of Australia
- Shutting Out The Sun
- Safety Mania
- Coal - Sinking in the Swamps
- Hobbling the Competition
- Cubic Currency Coming
- "Dear Government"
- Viv Forbes mocks Flannery in 1988
- What we have is not a drug problem but a drug law problem
- Smoking, Health and Freedom
- Privatise Now! while they are still worth something
- The Electoral Act should allow voters to choose "none of the above"
- The New Federalism
- Sunset for Solar Subsidies
- The mouse will roar
- The Road to Homelessness
- Planning & Prosperity
- Viv Forbes and Jim Fryar vs Malcolm Fraser in 1979
- Quip, Quote, Rant and Rave: four of Viv Forbes' letters to the editor in The Australian in 1979
- Australia's First Official Political Party Poet Laureate: The Progress Party's Ken Hood in 1979
- Our homeless regulation refugees
- Progress Party and Workers Party lead The Australian
- Viv Forbes in 1978 on loss-making government, the Berlin Wall and misdirected blasts of hot-air